The South African Ideas Festival calls application for SAIF 2021. The South African Ideas Festival is an entrepreneurial development festival, run by Bezos Scholars from the African Leadership Academy. During this festival, participants will have the design thinking skills to innovate in order to spark change in their community.
The categories for passion are
- Technology: Goal 9 (Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure) and Goal 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy);
- Arts and Culture: Goal 11( Sustainable cities and communities) and Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions);
- Environment and Health: Goal 3 (Good Health and Wellbeing), Goal 15 (Life on Land), Goal 13 (Climate Action);
- Education and Activism: Goal 4 (Quality Education) and Goal 10 (Reduced Inequalities).
Benefits and Prizes
- Cash prizes worth 20,000 Rands.
- Consulting services with African Leadership Consulting Group for one year.
SAIF is for African Youth that is Passionate about Entrepreneurship and Leadership that are willing to actualize their ideas to bring meaningful change in their societies. The programs are looking for diverse participants (regions, economic backgrounds, religions, races) with diversified passions who are ready to implement these passions’ profits. Basically in this program candidates need to be
- Between the ages of 14 – 19 years old.
- Must apply in Teams consisting of 3 -5 people.
- Their teams must be channeled towards one of our categories.
- Must be in a position to implement the business idea if you bag the first place.
- Must be well versed in the English Language.
CLICK TO APPLY
For more click here