Applications for UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund Challenge are open now. UNICEF Uganda has launched an Innovation Fund Challenge to deepen participatory practices in providing innovative solutions to national social policy challenges, with a view to transforming the local ecosystem by leveraging on the disruptive power of technology as a driver for inclusive and sustainable growth. The main objective of the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund challenge is to provide innovative avenues to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve the outcomes outlined in the country program document and the achievement of the SDG.
Through this UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund Challenge, you will
- Access to free technical assistance to realize or grow your business.
- Access to mentors and expert coaches to provide tailored support.
- Receive access to Outbox’s network to enable you to pilot or further validate your concept.
- Receive grant funding of up-to UGX 80 Million to further validate your concept or business.
For this call, you are expected to propose solutions that:
- Enhance and improve child survival and development among newborns, children, and adolescent boys and girls.
- Improve access to basic education and adolescent development for girls and boys aged 3 – 19 to achieve appropriate learning outcomes.
- Ensure that children in Uganda are free from all forms of violent abuse, neglect and exploitation including harmful practices and realize their right to legal identity
Who should apply?
If you reply YES to all of the following questions, then this program is an opportunity for you
- Would you like to improve the lives of Ugandan children by supporting the creation of cost-effective, efficient, and scalable market-driven solutions?
- Are part of a team of at least two people with innovative ideas that address the innovation challenge problem areas?
- Are you a Ugandan citizen or currently living in Uganda?
- Is your solution utilizing a frontier technology in its approach that includes data, AI, machine learning, robotics, the internet of things, augmented reality, drones, blockchain, etc?