The Waterloo Foundation calls application for World Development Small Grant 2020
These Small Grants are intended to support smaller organizations delivering development work on a smaller scale. Grants will be prioritized for small UK charities led by committed individuals, especially those based in Wales, which are working to deliver projects in developing countries.
- Longer-duration projects will be considered for bursary applications to enable the support of students throughout a specific stage of education.
- The Waterloo Foundation will consider applications from organizations with an annual income of less than £20,000 or that are newly established within the last 2 years, but in these cases, we can only consider applications below £5,000.
- Applicants’ requests should always be in keeping with their organization’s annual income; we do not usually provide grants which total more than 25% of an organization’s annual income.
- Small grants are usually provided as a one-off donation. In exceptional circumstances, some organizations may be invited to reapply.
- Limit the proposal to approximately 2-3 sides of A4, and send it in the body of an email. Please note that tables and figures don’t always display well in this format.
- At the very top of your application, please list the following key information:
- Your organisation’s name and address
- The title of your project
- The amount you are requesting and over what period of time
- Key contact details for the application.
- State clearly at the top of your application that you are applying under our World Development Small Grants Programme and state which theme you are applying to –Nutrition, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Education or WASH. Please also let us know how you heard about this particular funding programme.
- Don’t include attachments or photos; we can ask for these later on.
- Supply basic information on your organisation – address, charitable status, annual income and expenditure, sources of funding and website address..
- If possible, provide evidence of the positive impact that your previous projects have had.
- Briefly describe the project or purpose for which you are seeking funding. You must outline how this meets Foundation’s funding priorities.
- Provide brief details of project activities, timescale and expected start date. We don’t need to see the full project plan at this stage.
- Provide a summary of project costs and clearly state the amount you are requesting from the Waterloo Foundation and any funds secured from other sources. Please provide this information in £GBP. We don’t need to see the detailed budget at this stage.
- Briefly outline the anticipated project outcomes and describe how these will be measured.
The Waterloo Foundation World Development Small Grants Programme is open all year round without topic-specific deadlines. Please feel free to apply at any point by emailing the application to [email protected].