Applications are open for the 2021 Mauritius Government Scholarships – Fully Funded. The Government of Mauritius invites applicants for this annual scholarship program. This scholarship program is to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries. Eligible students may apply for undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. programs at one of the participating universities in Mauritius.
Application for this scholarship program are solely made through the Nominating Agency in your home country, that collects, process and submit scholarship applications on your behalf. Usually, the Nominating Agency is or part of the Ministry of Education in your home country.
The work of the nominating agency is to collect, process, endorse and shortlist scholarship applications. Each Nominating Agency of each participating country must select a maximum of 15 qualifying candidates with five selections in each category of Undergraduate, Masters, and MPhil/Ph.D. and submit the duly completed application forms.
Benefits of 2021 Mauritius Government Scholarships
- The Scholarship will cover full tuition fees for their selected degree program.
- Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend to contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- You will also receive a return airfare by the most economical route from your country to Mauritius at the start of your studies, and ack upon completion of your studies.
- Up on your arrival, you will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine the cost of this quarantine will be covered under this program.
- You will also receive coverage for costs of PCR tests w
- If by any chance you happen to test positive for the Coronavirus (Covid-19) upon arrival, the related medical expenses will be covered under this scheme.
- You must be a resident citizen of a member state of the African Union or African Commonwealth country
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must be above the age of 18 but should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- If applying for a Master’s programs you must be younger than 35 years at the time of application
- For applicants applying for Ph.D. programs, they must not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- You must have applied for admission into a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius
- Eligible and participating Universities for the academic year starting in 2021.
Documents Required for 2021 Mauritius Government Scholarships
Find below the documents you will need for your application
- A fully completed Application Form
- Certified copies of educational certificates
- Your certified copies of transcripts
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- A certified copy of bio-data page of the passport, if available;
- Medical certificate duly filled in and signed by a registered Medical Practitioner in Section 6 of the Application Form. This should be appropriately stamped or sealed;
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher education institution in Mauritius (if available at time of application) OR
- A copy of acknowledgment notice from the Mauritian public HEI that an application for a seat has been made and the appropriate application fee has been paid; and
- Study/Research plan for candidates opting for a Master’s and doctoral study.
- Supporting statement from a named supervisor from a University in Mauritius for Ph.D. candidates
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!