2021 Romanian Government Scholarships – Fully Funded
General conditions for awarding scholarships
Scholarships for studies to accredited higher education institutions in Romania are granted through a file-based application assessment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER).
To whom is it addressed?
- Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions of persons not eligible under this programme:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes)
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania; members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file (see below, point 4);
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the file submission methodology (see below, point 2);
- comply with the enrolment dates (see below, point 3).