Applications are open for the 2022-2023 Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships- Fully Funded. The deadline for the fellowship is 17th May 2021.
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at select U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Economics; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Affairs; International Legal Studies; Journalism and Mass Communication; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years of professional work experience, and are committed to return and contribute to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
Benefits of 2022-2023 Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships
The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support.
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs.
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
- The 2022-2023 Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
- USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the fellow may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
The requirements for being eligible for this fellowship:
- Must be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India.
- Must not be residing in U.S. during recruitment and placement cycle (January 2021-July 2022).
- Must have a high level of academic/professional achievement.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S.
- There will be an interview round for shortlisted candidates.
- Must inform USIEF well in advance if s/he needs to travel abroad (e.g. conference) during the application cycle July 2021 – June 2022.
- Must be eligible for leave, if employed.
- Must be in good health.
- Must not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States.
- Must give an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.
- For the additional requirements please follow the official link.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!