Application call for 2022 GIST Scholarships in Korea – Fully Funded. The deadline for application is 15th October 2021.
GIST Scholarship is a fully-funded prestigious scholarship opportunity in South Korea for international students where the selected students will get a chance to experience research and education in a world-class Institute. Almost all study fields and majors are available under the GIST Scholarship 2022 in South Korea. The duration for a Masters Degree award is 2 Years and for PhD degree, it is 4 Years.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) located in South Korea was established in 1993 as a research-oriented institute by the Korean government. GIST is a research university that creates a strong research base for further development of advanced science and technology. GIST has proved itself as the first national university of Korea which has adopted an innovative educational system based on a comprehensive and foundational science curriculum. Moreover, GIST is the first Korean university that has made a thesis quality certification a mandatory thing. That is why the institute is ranked 1st in the number of citations of professors in South Korea for 14 consecutive years and also the GIST is ranked 4th in QS World University Ranking.
Benefits of 2022 GIST Scholarships in Korea
- All international students will be getting 100% support in the tuition fee i.e. the tuition fee will be waived off.
- MS students will be given a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won.
- PhD students will be given a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won.
- Both MS and PhD students will be given a meal allowance of 100,000 Won. (Note: Students have to complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to get student and meal allowance).
- International student allowance of 120,000 Won will be given to both MS and PhD students, however, the student has to maintain a 3 or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All MS students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won per year while PhD students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 80% of national health insurance will be covered. Health insurance also includes annual medical checkups.
- All international students are eligible to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2022.
- Applicants applying for the Masters program must hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Applicants applying for the Ph.D. program must hold a master’s or equivalent degree.
Documents Required for 2022 GIST Scholarships in Korea
- Official degrees and transcripts are required. Apostille is preferred or even notarized copies are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation must have the sign and stamps of the recommenders.
- The recommenders do not have to send the letters on their own or separately.
- Official English language test report i.e. TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327 is the requirement. In case you do not get your test result in time. Your home university can give a professional English language proficiency certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is required.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!