Application call for 2022 Korean Government Scholarships- Fully Funded. The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 31st October 2021.
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
220 undergraduate, 1,080 graduates students (subject to change with any change depending on budget) will be provided with scholarships.
Benefits of 2022 Korean Government Scholarships
- Resettlement allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language courses*
- Tuition fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research support
- Printing costs of the dissertation
- Completion grant
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a Former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above and have attained TOPIK level 5 or higher can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Procedure for the 2022 Korean Government Scholarships
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!