Application call for 2022 Scholarship in Japan- Fully Funded. The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 29th October 2021.
The University of Tokyo is now accepting applications for the Masters & Ph.D. Degree Programs by the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship. The number of applicants to be nominated by the Graduate School of Science to the University of Tokyo, as well as the number to be subsequently nominated by the University of Tokyo to MEXT, shall be finalized after the application period has closed. In the last round (application for 2021 entrance) each Graduate School was allowed to nominate at most one applicant, and the University of Tokyo was allowed to nominate at most three applicants to MEXT.
Benefits of 2022 Scholarship in Japan – Fully Funded
The amounts of a monthly stipend for AY2022 have yet to be determined. As an example, the monthly amounts for AY2021 will be presented below. (These amounts are subject to change depending on the size of the annual fiscal budget each year, commodity prices, etc.)
- School Fees: Enrollment and Tuition fees will be exempted.
- Traveling Costs
- ① Transportation to Japan:
- Recipients awarded travel allowance will be provided, according to the itinerary and route designated for them by MEXT, with an economy class air ticket from the international airport closest to their place of residence to one of the international airports of Tokyo (Narita (NRT) or Haneda (HND)) (or an international airport the recipient’s host university normally uses). Please note that the cost of transportation from the recipient’s residence to the nearest international airport; airport tax and surcharges; other special local taxes incurred by traveling; local travel expenses within Japan (including any costs if transferring by air); travel insurance premiums; baggage and unaccompanied baggage; are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- MEXT or the university will provide an economy class air ticket to Narita International Airport (NRT) or the closest international airport to the university from a third country through which the applicant obtained their “Student” visa if Japan does not have an overseas diplomatic establishment in their country of nationality. However, any costs incurred in traveling to the third country travels within the third country and the cost of accommodations incurred are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- The recipient’s residence is taken to be the current address given in the application. However, if a change of address is known beforehand (limited to within the recipient’s home country), the residence will be taken as the latter. Moreover, an air ticket will not be provided if the recipient travels to Japan from a country other than that of their nationality. Air tickets will not be provided for travel from a third country for any reason other than for obtaining visas.
- ② Transportation from Japan:
- In principle, MEXT will issue airline tickets to recipients who return to their home country within the final month of the scholarship period as specified in “2. Period of Scholarship” above upon application following their graduation from university or completion of their research. Recipients will be provided with an economy class air ticket for a flight from Narita International Airport (or an international airport the recipient’s university normally uses) to the international airport closest to their place of return (in principle, within their home country). Please be aware that costs incurred for transportation from the recipient’s residence to the nearest international airport in Japan; airport tax and surcharges; other special local taxes incurred when traveling; local travel expenses within Japan (including any costs if transferring by air); insurance premiums for travel to Japan; sending baggage as well as unaccompanied baggage; are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Recipients who return to their home country before the end of the scholarship period for personal reasons or because of items as stipulated in 4. Suspension of Scholarship Payment below will not be provided with return airfare.
Eligibility for 2022 Scholarship in Japan – Fully Funded
There are Basic eligibility Criteria for the 2022 Scholarship in Japan – Fully Funded.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!