Application for EDGE fellowship 2023-2025 is now open. One of the most effective ways ZSL’s EDGE of Existence program is working to secure the future of EDGE species is by awarding two year Fellowships to future conservation leaders working on poorly-known EDGE fish, gymnosperms, bird, mammal, amphibian, reptile, shark or ray species.
The EDGE of existence program is a research and conservative that focuses on threatened species. The program aims to raise awareness of the species, implement research and conservative actions and to train conservationist to protect them.
The two-year Fellowship comprises of:
- A 4-week Conservation Tools training course at the beginning of the program to provide Fellows with essential training in techniques to plan and implement their project
- A grant of £10,000 to undertake a 2-year project on a top-priority EDGE species
- Ongoing technical support via online modules, web-based tutorials/seminars, and field visits throughout the Fellowship
- One-to-one support from a scientific advisor based at ZSL or a partner organization
- A 2-week Conservation Leadership training course in London on successful completion of Fellowship to help Fellows prepare for the next stage of their career.
You may be eligible for an EDGE Fellowship if you:
- Focus your work on an EDGE species included on the 2022 curated list.
- Are an early-career conservation biologist or wildlife manager (less than 10 years’ experience)
- Are a resident of a country in which the proposed focal species occurs
All applications must include the following documentation:
- Completed and signed application form
- A copy of your CV (no more than 2A4 sides)
- A recent photo of yourself
- A map of your project site
- A copy of your risk assessment(using the ZSL template)
- Evidence of English competency (only if English is not your first language)
- Proof of your SCUBA diving skills (a scanned copy of your qualification card/certificate is sufficient)
- You must arrange for two letters of support from referees to be emailed to the same address, with your name as the subject of the email in the same timeframe. These should be in word or PDF format, not in the body of an email.
Visit our TELEGRAM for more opportunities !!