Each year, the United States offers the Diversity Visa (DV) Program, providing individuals from diverse backgrounds around the world with a chance to attain permanent residency in the United States. The application period for the DV Program is set to open at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on October 7, 2023. To make the most of this opportunity, we strongly advise potential applicants to submit their applications early.
Here are some essential details and tips for prospective DV Program applicants:
1. No Application Fee: Applying for the DV Program is absolutely FREE. There are no charges associated with entering the lottery.
2. Avoid Consultants: The U.S. Embassy recommends against using consultants to assist you with your application. Instead, consider seeking help from a family member, friend, or trusted individual if needed. Remember, you are solely responsible for your application, regardless of who assists you.
3. Apply Online: All entries for the Diversity Visa Program must be submitted electronically using the Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) available at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the specified registration period.
4. Include Your Entire Family: When registering, ensure that you include your spouse and all unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application. Omitting family members from your entry will render it invalid.
5. One Application per Person: Each individual can submit only ONE application. Multiple applications from the same person will result in disqualification.
6. Submit a Recent Photo: Entries with the same photo used in previous DV Program applications will not be considered. Follow the photo guidelines meticulously and ensure that each photo corresponds to the correct person on your application. Note that wearing glasses in photos is not permitted.
7. Provide Valid Passport Information: For this year’s entries, you must include the primary applicant’s passport number, the country of issuance, and the passport’s expiration date.
8. Safeguard Your Confirmation Number: After submitting your application, be sure to print and save your confirmation number. This number is your only means of checking your status. Never share your confirmation number with anyone.
9. Check Your Status Online: The sole method to determine whether you have been selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov. This can be done starting from May 8, 2024.
10. E-mail Address Requirement: As part of your entry, you must provide a valid email address. However, it’s crucial to note that no email notifications will be sent to selectees. Your confirmation number remains the key to checking your status.
The Diversity Visa Program offers a unique opportunity to pursue permanent residency in the United States, and adhering to these guidelines will ensure your application is both valid and complete. Good luck to all applicants on your journey to potentially becoming U.S. permanent residents!