Applications call for Asahi Growing Sustainability Scholarships to attend the One Young World Summit 2020.
One Young World Summit
The annual One Young World Summit gathers the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. One Young World helps to identify the most impactful young leaders from every country in the world. Many One Young World delegates are top-performing professionals, sent to attend the Summit by forward-thinking managers who see the need for talent development.
The Asahi Growing Sustainability Scholarships cover the following benefits
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive October 2020).
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy).
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 14 to 17 October.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues.
- Access to bespoke Asahi programming around the businesses participating in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, an Asahi buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
This scholarship is open to support young leaders who are in the age group of 18 – 30. They must have demonstrated leadership capacity. In addition to that, they should have a proven impact on the field of sustainable agriculture. This can include work that
- Improves the climate resilience of crops through sustainable practices.
- Reduces on-farm greenhouse gas emissions, water or energy us through new technologies.
- Supports farmers in fostering innovation and improving access to information, raising awareness of climate risks and new skills training.
- Addresses the sustainability of the wider supply chain beyond the farm.