Apply for ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships at the National University of Singapore. The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship is a freshmen scholarship offered to support outstanding students from ASEAN member countries (excluding Singapore). The scholarship is offered to read a full-time undergraduate course at NUS. The scholarship also covers students in Double Degree and Joint Degree Programmes and covers only the undergraduate course for students in Concurrent Degree Programmes. The scholarship does not cover students in the Concurrent Degree Programme in NUS Bachelor of Science and University of Melbourne Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
The scholarship is tenable for the normal course duration and can be transferred across courses, excluding Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Music and Yale-NUS College. Please note there are limited scholarships for Dentistry, Law and Medicine due to the highly competitive nature of these courses.
In order to be eligible for this ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships at the National University of Singapore, applicants must
- Be citizens of an ASEAN member country, excluding Singapore
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Present good co-curricular activities records
- Possess outstanding high school results
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS
ASEAN member countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships at the National University of Singapore covers the full tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy) of recipients.
- In addition to that, an annual living allowance of S$5,800 is also available.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- All applicants for undergraduate admission to NUS will be considered automatically for the scholarship through their applications for admission.
- Applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarship, based on the strength of their applications and/or their performance in the scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for the selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail, and will be required to provide a submission furnishing their co-curricular activity and other achievements, and a personal statement, before the interview(s). Selection interviews will be conducted from January to June, and shortlisted candidates will be informed of the scholarship outcomes by mid-July.
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.