If you are passionate about promoting development-focused stories using emerging technologies and through visual, written, oral and digital media then apply for the inaugural African Union Media Fellowship!
- Fully-funded International Study Trips and exposure
- Also, Certified workshops and webinars with renowned international partners
- Access to AU leadership and policymakers as well as network with other Fellows
- Support from Senior Mentors and Institutions
- In addition, fellows gain grants to enable them to produce detailed stories
- The AU Media Fellowship is open to journalists, bloggers, vloggers, content creators, and podcasters living on the continent or the diaspora.
- Fellows must be actively involved in innovative media either as a journalist or related field of work for at least three years with a demonstrable impact-driven track record.
- All applicants for the AU Media Fellowship must be working journalists with at least three years of full-time, professional journalism experience or in a related field.
- Also, applicants may be affiliated or freelance journalists. However, all applicants must provide a reference letter or endorsement from a senior editor.
- Applicants must speak, read, as well as write English fluently in order to fully participate in and benefit from the Fellowship.
- The Fellows confirm willingness to participate in events and workshops for the duration of the fellowship.
- Moreover, fellows must be able to travel to Berlin in June 2022 and meet all criteria for eligibility for a Schengen Visa in their country, including but not limited to:
- Having a valid passport at least until December 2022
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ( Find out more details on the website of the German Embassy in your country.)
- You will be responsible for acquiring the visa.
Fellowship Program and Timeline
The Fellowship is 12 months in duration and will begin in June 2022. The fellowship will include:
- International study trip to Germany: June 15, 2022– July 1, 2022
- Online Training and Networking: June 2022– September 2022
- in-person or virtually intensive training: October 2022
- Remote work continues: October – December 2022
- present the outcomes of the training: December 2022
- Final Event and Certificates of Recognition: April 2023
- Story proposals
- Publication plan
- Social media
- Work samples