The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, as well as research-based growth.
The fellowships are distributed equally among:
- Fellowship fund of $70,000 per year for 2 years
- Also, develop your leadership potential
- Position yourself for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- In addition, the fellow may travel and conduct research field, however, they must continue to be based at their host institution.
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2022-23 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree between September 15, 2019, and September 30, 2023
|April to September 2022||Applicants seek endorsement from the host institution to apply, prepare and submit an application (institutions may have internal deadlines).|
|September 21, 2022|
|Deadline for complete application submission|
|October to December 2022||Evaluation of applications|
|Mid-February 2023||Anticipated notification of results. Applicants will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|April to October 2023||Payments begin|
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
- the applicant – their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- the host institution – their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
- Applicant’s research excellence as well as leadership in the research domain
- Quality of applicant’s proposed research program
- Also, Institutional commitment and demonstrated synergy between the applicant and institutional strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
Applications must be prepared and submitted by applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. This includes ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.