Boston University Scholarships for International Students
Boston University offers a range of scholarships to both domestic and international students. These scholarships aim to recognize academic excellence, support financial need, and promote diversity. While the availability and eligibility criteria may vary, below is a list of some notable scholarships at Boston University:
- Trustee Scholarship: This is Boston University’s most prestigious merit-based scholarship. It covers full undergraduate tuition and is awarded to a select number of incoming freshmen who have demonstrated exceptional academic and leadership achievements.
- Presidential Scholarship: Similar to the Trustee Scholarship, the Presidential Scholarship is a highly competitive merit-based award that covers full undergraduate tuition. It is awarded to a limited number of outstanding incoming freshmen.
- Boston University Scholarship: This scholarship program considers academic achievement and financial need. It is available to both domestic and international students and offers partial tuition coverage.
- Kilachand Honors College Scholarship: The Kilachand Honors College provides an interdisciplinary liberal arts education. Students accepted into the Kilachand Honors College are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships.
- Dean’s Scholarship: Each college at Boston University may offer Dean’s Scholarships to outstanding incoming freshmen. These scholarships recognize academic achievement and are typically renewable for up to four years.
- Diversity Scholarships: Boston University is committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity. They offer several scholarships specifically aimed at supporting underrepresented students, including the BU Community Service Award and the BU Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship.
- International Student Scholarship: Boston University provides scholarships specifically for international students to help offset the cost of tuition. These scholarships are based on academic achievement and are renewable for up to four years.
It is important to note that scholarship availability and eligibility can change over time, so it is recommended to visit the official Boston University website or contact the university’s Financial Aid Office for the most up-to-date information on scholarship programs, application processes, and deadlines.