The Cory L. Richards Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by the Guttmacher Institute, supports emerging leaders in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights. Moreover, named in honor of Cory L. Richards, a leading figure in the field whose remarkable career at the Guttmacher Institute spanned nearly four decades, the scholarship reflects what was for him a core commitment: nurturing the development of new leaders. It does so by providing financial support to students who plan to devote their careers to advancing public policy related to sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as who are seeking advanced degrees in public health or public policy.
- One individual will be designated each year as a Cory Richards Scholar and awarded a one-time scholarship of $15,000 to support full-time graduate study at an accredited institution in the United States.
- Also, Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants to the Cory L. Richards Memorial Scholarship Program must be/have:
- Entering or currently enrolled in a full-time graduate study program at an accredited institution in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Also, Pursuing a Masters degree in Public Policy or Public Health.
- Planning to pursue a career in advancing public policy related to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Also, A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. Applicants will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when applicants created their account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add [email protected] to contacts or address book and check email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, applicants may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, applicants must login using their username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for their application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the Lock and Submit button will be available to applicants near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, applicants will no longer have access to application.
- It is recommended that applicants print a hard copy of their application for their records.
- Applicants will receive an email acknowledgment of their submitted application.