Applications are open for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme. This scholarship programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration. Further, According to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life. Additionally, Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political, and economic development of their home country.
Who can apply?
Moreover, The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme is open to graduates in the field of
- social sciences,
- political sciences,
- law, economics and
- in public administration
from Africa, Central and Latin America, Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine (see list of
Moreover, the Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected MA programmes at German institutions of higher education listed below. The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2020 and are taught in German and/or English.
- contributions to health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowance
- study and research subsidy
- Also, monthly rent subsidy where applicable,
- allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- 6-months-German language course from April 2020 to
- Furthermore, scholars are invited to participate in different networking events.
Eligibility for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme:
- The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration.
- Further, The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
DAAD Selection Criteria
Study results so far
- language skills
- political and social engagement
- convincing description of the subject-related and personal
the motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected
benefit when returning to the home country
- expected benefit when returning to the home country