Deakin University Scholarship in Australia- Fully Funded is also known as HDR Scholarship – Research educational program Scholarship (RTP) / Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR). The RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only top-ranked applicants are going to be offered an RTP.
Duration of Deakin University Scholarship
Doctoral Degree Duration
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the schooling fees offset
Research Master Degree Duration
- 2 years for stipend and a couple of years for the schooling fees offset
Benefits of Deakin University Scholarship
Stipend and Allowances Value (Terms and Conditions apply)
- A stipend of $27,596 (2019 rate) or $28,092 (2020 rate) once a year tax-exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas so as to review at Deakin
- For international students only: overseas health coverage for the duration of the schooling fees offset
- For an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving the same award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is bigger than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the needs of supporting general living costs isn’t to be taken under consideration.
- Please ask the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to a HDR course at Deakin University.
- The terms and conditions for every scholarship are detailed within the Further Information section below. For information about our RTP Scholarship Policy please ask the upper Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
- RTP and DUPRS Stipends are going to be awarded to students because of the results of a competitive process outlined within the ranking guidelines as below.
- Students receiving an RTP or DUPRS Stipend are going to be enrolled as on-campus full-time students.
- Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have completed a minimum of four years of tertiary education studies and achieved a primary class honors or equivalent level of educational achievement as approved by Deakin, and meet all other minimum entry requirements consistent with the upper Degrees by Research (HDR) Admission, Selection and Enrolment Procedure. Please ask the research degree entry pathways page for more information.
- Current students can apply for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend and can be assessed by the Faculty/Institute.
- Current students might not apply after they need to complete quite 3 years of their doctoral course or 2 years of their master’s course (or part-time equivalent).
- For information about the RTP Fees Offset selection process and therefore the offer process for all scholarships please ask the upper Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.