Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship 2017
We are looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. We are looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize.
For the bilingual DW traineeship we are looking for:
• English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German
• German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English
• Native speakers of another DW program language with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
Who can apply?
Deutsche Welle’s new traineeship is designed for inquisitive, open-minded, critical journalists who view journalism as more than a profession – for them it’s a passion. Trainees require some journalism experience and above all linguistic talents. We’re looking for:
• native speakers of English who have acquired a basic working knowledge of German prior to the start of the traineeship and who have one additional DW language
• German native speakers who are able to report in English and who also have a good working knowledge of another DW language
• and native speakers of another language that is part of DW’s language services. If not a native German or English speaker, candidates also require a good working knowledge of both of these two languages.
DW journalism traineeship
• 18 months
• trainee salary
• international broadcaster in 30 languages
• crossmedia: TV, online and radio
• six months of seminar blocks
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• placement with DW foreign bureau
• international multimedia projects
• well-known media trainers
Official Link: http://www.dw.com/en/dw-akademie/traineeship/s-12130
Deadline: 22nd February, 2017
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|