Fully Funded Alafia Youth Empowerment Fellowship 2019 is available for application.
Alafia Youth Empowerment Fellowship is a 4 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insights in the relationship between mindfulness meditation and various skills necessary for improving personal well-being, enhancing effectiveness in professional and social life, and nurturing healthy and fruitful relationships. Participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Non-violent communication
Moreover, it provides 42 Days online Self-development Program on its interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; to cultivate your inner peace, before the training starts. The 42 days are divided as follow:
- 21 days before interview
- 21 days after interview and before final selection of participants
Objectives of the Program
This fellowship aims to achieve the following goals:
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, emotional intelligence, positive thinking and good habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people on the continent and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
Above all, the fellowship covers various costs for the participants, for instance,
- Full or partial airfare sponsorship
- Local transportation
- Candidates must be citizens of the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritania, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Senegal, Liberia, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sao Tome and Principe, Mali, Togo, Burkina Faso, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Algeria, Sierra Leone , The Gambia, Ghana, Saint Helena, and Western Sahara.
- Likewise, candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program before interview and willing to complete the remaining 21 days after interview.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Knowledge of the following languages is asset: French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in self-empowerment and social change.
- Similarly, candidates could be peace activists, civil servants, artists, journalists, entrepreneurs, young leaders in local, national or international organizations, catalysts of positive change in general.
- Candidates should be committed to getting involved with World Peace Initiative Foundation by submitting a project proposal on how to use the practice of meditation as a tool to face various social challenges in their respective communities upon successful completion of the fellowship.