Apply now for ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2022 to study at icipe. The primary objective of the ARPPIS PhD Program is to prepare young researchers from Africa to be globally competitive in research and development environments within national, regional and international research programs.
At icipe, ARPPIS scholars are provided with excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary environment within a structured, three-year PhD program that includes research, training, developing research partnerships, publishing scientific articles, writing grant proposals and attending scientific meetings and international conferences. Scholars conduct strategic, innovative research at icipe’s laboratories and field sites located in different agro-ecological zones.
Benefits provided by ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2022
- The program covers all student costs, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees, and all research and training costs.
Eligibility for ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2022
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with above-average results (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent).
- Master’s degree with above-average results (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent), taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or another field relevant to the PhD project.
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the PhD project selected by the applicant.
- A Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Completed application form, PhD project proposal (based on one of the available PhD projects), and accompanying supporting documents.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Furthermore, Candidates who are staff members of a public university, or considered for university teaching or research staff recruitment, are encouraged to apply.
- The applications from qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged.
- Lastly, Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also encouraged to apply.
Parallel to making an application to icipe, applicants must at the same time make an application to DAAD for an In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarship. Additionally, familiarise yourself with the respective application processes by clicking on the links below. The complete applications made to both icipe and to DAAD will only be considered.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!