The Carnegie Trust For The Universities Of Scotland opens applications for the Fully Funded Carnegie Scholarships in the UK for 2020. Interested candidates can apply until 28th February 2020. The scholarship is for the Ph.D. students in the courses applicable under the host Universities.
The host Universities are
- Aberdeen, Abertay, Dundee, Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian
- Also, Heriot-Watt, Highlands and Islands, Queen Margaret, Robert Gordon
- Additionally, St Andrews, Stirling, Strathclyde, West of Scotland
- Glasgow School of Art
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
The candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Fully Funded Carnegie Scholarships in the UK
- They should already hold or should be on track to graduate with a First Class Honours degree from one of the eligible host organizations in Scotland.
- Also, this undergraduate degree is in a subject related to the academic field of the proposed doctoral research.
- Additionally, the applicants should have been accepted on a doctoral program at one of the eligible host organizations.
- Similarly, the doctoral program will start in the coming academic year.
- Also, this scheme is open to students of any nationality who meet the above criteria.
Value of the scholarship
- The award provides a stipend for living expenses
- Also, UK home-rate tuition fees and research allowance.
Furthermore, the duration of the award is 36 months standard. Also, 42 months in specific cases
Number of awards each year:15-18 Ph.D. Scholarships
About Carnegie Trust
- The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland is a charitable trust established by Andrew Carnegie in 1901 for the benefit of the universities of Scotland, their students, and their staff.
- Additionally, the incorporation of the Trust was by royal charter in August 1902, later replaced in July 1978.
- Furthermore, the endowment of the Trust on establishment was $10 million (an unprecedented gift, amounting to around 200-times the annual government funding of the four Scottish universities at the time).
Visit the official website for additional details about the scholarship program.