Applications are open for the fully funded Chevening Scholarship for International Student 2020/2021 in the UK. Less than a month left for the 2020/21 British Chevening Scholarship and some Chevening Fellowships. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and also, academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
In addition, Chevening Scholarships are the UK Government’s global scholarship program, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The program offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Moreover, The most popular destinations for the Chevening Scholars to study in 2011 were the London School of Economics & Political Science, University College London, and the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Also, University of Nottingham, University of Bath and King’s College London.
Fully funded Chevening Scholarship covers
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a fully funded Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Further, Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Similarly, Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and also, have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
- In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening
- English language requirement by 11 July 2019.
- Further, All applicants to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
- Applicants must ensure they meet the minimum work-experience requirement for the award that they are applying to before submitting their Chevening application:
- Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience
- Chevening Fellowships – either five or seven years’ work experience depending on the fellowship. Please check
- your country page for eligibility details relating to the specific fellowship you are applying to.
- Likewise, If you do not already have the required level of work experience, you will be unable to submit your application (To get the more specific information please visit the official website)