Darmasiswa is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language, art and culture in 71 universities in 2019.
The main purpose of Darmasiswa RI program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado, Bogor, Cikarang, Ambon), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang,Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodations and transportation during the Orientation Program if the time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance if they attend the Orientation Program
- Students legal permit arrangement will be supported by the Host University and Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/rent which is included in monthly stipend.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia(Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field applicants are applying in.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field applicants are applying to (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).