Forrest Fellowship is offered to early-stage post-doctoral researchers who have outstanding academic profiles and also, who have already made significant personal research contributions to their discipline. Further, Forrest Fellows will have been among the top performing students in their undergraduate and graduate cohorts. They will normally already have gained high-level research experience through studying and researching in a number of different institutions, and also, their innovation doctoral research will be recognized well beyond their current institutional home. Adding on, The duration of the Forrest Research Foundation Fellowship is up to three years on a full-time basis but is conditional on meeting satisfactory progress.
Moreover, Fellows will reside in Forrest Hall and provide valuable mentoring Forrest Scholars and provide leadership to the Research Foundation. Additionally, the Research Fellowships are open to outstanding early career researchers at one of the following Western Australian universities:
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Furthermore, this opportunity is offered for all the disciplines available in the five universities:
- Business and Law.
- Health Sciences.
- Humanities and art.
- Science & Engineering.
- Nursing & Midwifery.
- Veterinary and Life Science.
- Psychology and Exercise Science.
- public policy and international affairs.
- Philosophy & Theology.
- An accommodation allowance of $20,697 per annum in 2019 (subject to marginal tax rate)
- Also, a once off relocation and research travel allowance of $13,000
To be eligible to apply for a Forrest Research Foundation Fellowship, an applicant must
- Firstly, Have successfully completed all the requirements for the award of their Ph.D.
- Be intending to reside at Forrest Hall for the duration of the Fellowship (exemptions may be considered by the Governors of the Research Foundation)
- Has been offered and also, been accepted an employment contract at a Western Australian university;
- Have received their Ph.D. conferral before taking up their appointment;
- Take up the Forrest Fellowship and also, commence employment at the relevant university within 12 months of being awarded the Fellowship;
- Finally, Agree to report their progress to the research Foundation Warden and the Minderoo Foundation each year.