The Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms invites female candidates to apply for the Helmut Veith Scholarships for the year 2020. This is the fully-funded opportunity for an outstanding female student to pursue study in computer science at TU Wein. Every year, the Helmut Veith Stipend awards two female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
The Helmut Veith Scholarships waives the full tuition fee of the eligible courses. In addition to that, the successful candidate will also receive EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- European Master in Computational Logic
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
- Recipients of funding must be committed to demonstrating good progress during their studies.
- They must obtain at least 25 ECTS credits from the respective master’s curriculum per term on average since the beginning of their master’s studies (the deadlines are April 30 for the winter term and November 30 for the summer term), and
- Should achieve a grade average of at most 1.5.
- Recipients of funding have to reside in Austria during term time for the duration of their studies. Exceptions and temporary interruptions of the stay during term time (e.g., for internships or research visits) are subject to approval.
- The stipend is provided for the duration of the master’s program (subject to the conditions listed above), for up to 2 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research: Logic in Computer Science; Formal Methods and Verification; Foundations of Artificial Intelligence; Complexity Theory; Computer Security
- Proficiency in English
Click this link for more information.