The applications for the Fully Funded Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship have opened. Interested candidates can apply to the program until 14th February 2020.
- The program encompasses the member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN+3, PIF countries, as well as many countries from all regions in the world. In the period of 2003 to 2018, the scholarship has been awarded to 920 alumni from 77 countries.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with Indonesian Embassies and Consulates overseas holds a series of the selection process.
- The awardees’ background, gender, regional representation, and the interest to learn Indonesian culture are taken into consideration.
The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship Program has the following objectives
- The program serves to demonstrate Indonesia’s commitment as an initiator of the establishment of South West Pacific Dialogue and as the originator member of ASEAN in advancing the social culture cooperation in the region.
- Also, it has an objective to encourage better understanding amongst participants from member countries through Indonesia’s immensely diverse arts and cultural heritage.
- Furthermore, the program aims to cultivate a culture of cooperation, emerging from direct contact and sharing of cultures amongst people involved in the program
- Also, it helps in leading to thriving diplomatic relations in the region and worldwide.
- Awardees of the 2020 IACS will be targeted from many countries: member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN + 3, East Asia Summit, ASEAN Dialog Partners
- Also, ASEAN + European Union, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Asia-Europe Meeting,
- Additionally, Africa Region, Melanesian Spearhead Group
- as well as the members of South West Pacific Dialog as the original participants of the Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship.
Duration of the program
- The program will last for a three months period of time, starting on 2 May to 15 August 2020.
- Participants will learn about Indonesian arts and culture in general while they are staying in the art centers.
- However, some of the courses will be different in each art center depending on the local arts and culture.
- Each art center will arrange social and cultural projects.
- Moreover, a special visit to several historical places as well as renowned tourist destinations for awardees.
- Also, all awardees will perform in art and cultural night titled “Indonesian Channel” to remark the closing of the scholarship program.
- Furthermore, the “Indonesia Channel” will take place on 13 August 2020.
- Awardees will return to their respective countries on the following days.
For additional details, visit the official website.