ISS offers a number of scholarships and grants. This is part of the University of Oslo’s goal to demonstrate academic solidarity and ensure that their summer school represents global diversity. Since their funds are limited, competition for ISS scholarships is very tough. Moreover, the ISS only offers scholarships for applicants to the International Summer School, not applicants to all year programmes at the University of Oslo.
International Scholarship Benefits
- It is possible to apply for either an Off-Campus and On-Campus scholarship, depending on where candidates come from and which category they apply to.
- An Off-Campus scholarship covers all basic fees which include extracurricular activities, health insurance, one weekend excursion outside Oslo, public transportation card within Oslo as well as reading materials.
- Also, An On-Campus scholarship covers all the basic fees mentioned above. In addition, it includes simple accommodation in a double room at Blindern Dormitory as well as board according to the dormitory meal plans.
- The travel grant covers plane tickets to/from Oslo from the international airport nearest to candidates place of residence.
- Also, It does not cover travel to/from airport or visa fees.
- The ISS Office books all plane tickets for scholarship recipients who receive travel grants; as well as
- The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own plane tickets to/from Oslo
ISS Scholarships do not cover:
- Pocket money (per diem)
- Also, Visa application fees
- Travel insurance as well as
- Any other personal costs
To be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, candidates must demonstrate:
- That they meet the academic requirements
- A strong academic record
- The relevance of their academic and/or professional background to the course they apply for in their statement of purpose (see course descriptions for more information)
The following candidates cannot apply for scholarship:
- Applicants to ISSN0110 Intensive Elementary Norwegian, Level I
- Former recipients of an ISS scholarship
- Persons who have a residence permit in Norway or another Nordic country who are not currently programme students at UiO