The KF Fellowship for Korean Language Training (KLT) program provides an opportunity for graduate students of Korean studies, Korean studies researchers and those working in Korea-related fields overseas to learn Korean in an intensive immersion program at a university in Korea for at least six months.
Those who are majoring in Korean studies (humanities, social sciences, and culture/arts), currently involved in Korea-related research, or working in a Korea-related field who correspond to one of the following profiles may apply for the KLT program. All those who apply must be able to understand and speak at least basic-level Korean.
Terms and Details of Program Support :
1. Living expenses (monthly basis)
– Undergraduates, BA or MA degree holders or individuals with less than three years of related career experience: KRW 1,000,000
– PhD candidates and those with at least three years of related career experience: KRW 1,200,000
2. Travel allowance: KRW 300,000 (one-time benefit)
3. Tuition and fees for learning institution: Approx
Who can apply:
1. MA/PhD candidate
2. University professors, university lecturers and researchers
* Undergraduate students
· Major or minor in Korean studies (or Korean language)
– Junior or Senior year of the programs
– Non-ethnic Koreans only
4. Former Diplomat Fellows
Program Schedule :
1. Application Period: July 12, 2018 12:00 p.m. to August 31, 2018 12:00 p.m. (in Korean time)
2. Notification of Results: December 2018 * Notification date is subject to change without prior notice.
* The result will be provided to individual applicant via e-mail.
3. The Fellowship period starts in the spring term (March to August) or fall term (September to February) of the following year.