The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarships programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies as well as a high quality Leadership Development Programme, with the intention of building exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
Moreover, the MRF Leadership Development Programme is made up of the following three components:
- Three residential Workshops;
- Three Regional group Pods;
- Also, Second Year Programme
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
- Also, A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- Also, A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree
- Also, Personal allowance
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- Also, The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Also, Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2019
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Also, Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of Leadership Development Programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
All Mandela Rhodes Scholarship applicants are to apply online via the Embark application system, accessible via the link at the bottom of this page. This link will only be live from the 8th of March 2019.