Applications are open for fully funded Nanyang Scholarships in Singapore. The Nanyang Scholarship, NTU’s foremost undergraduate scholarship is awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing undergraduate programs. Nanyang Scholarship recognizes students who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership potential, and possess outstanding co-curricular records. Hence, it is important to be prepared at each stage of the application and interview process.
Funding and Benefits
Nanyang Scholarships covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year. (Applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.)
- Travel grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas programme subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
- No bond is attached to the Nanyang Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- Nanyang Scholarships is open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship will cover the years of study^ at NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS
- High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, university loans or awards.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- Scholarship holder is required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing the university to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc, as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder’s progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU) is the second oldest public autonomous research university in Singapore. NTU ranks at 1st in the ranking of young universities in the QS World University Rankings since 2015 as of August 2020. It has 23,951 full-time enrolled students and 3846 full-time teaching staff; it has achieved 13th in the overall ranking of current QS World University Rankings as of August 2020.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here