The RLC Campus Bonn offers scholarships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for PhD students from Latin America, Africa and Asia to participate in the international workshop on “Mobilization for Change: Marginalized people and their access to opportunities and resources in a developing world”, in May 25-30, 2019.
Moreover, the workshop will take place from May 25-30, 2019, at ZEF and the World Conference Center Bonn. It focuses on research and practice concerned with human rights of marginalized people and their access to opportunities and resources. Furthermore, the topic will be tackled in a transdisciplinary way, combining case studies from social, economic, and political/cultural sciences with best practice examples from civil society action and agency. In addition, the workshop will be implemented in cooperation with Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum (GMF).
The workshop will target the following objectives:
- to strengthen knowledge and understanding of concepts of justice and marginalization in a development context,
- Also, to critically assess the situation of marginalized people in the current development agenda,
- to present own case studies concerned,
- Also, to promote transmission of expertise and experience between PhD students, development scholars, and ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’ Laureates.
- The scholarships will cover all costs for international and national travel, hotel accommodation, catering, and working materials.
- The workshop will be embedded in a variety of social and cultural side-events.
- PhD students from Latin America, Africa and Asia who conduct topic-related research from disciplines such as political sciences, development studies, law, sociology, geography, or ethnology.
- Preferably in the middle/ end of their studies.
- Also, Fluent English is mandatory.
- Women applications are particularly welcome.
Application: How to apply
Applicants application should consist of:
- Completed online application form.
- 300 word abstract (in English) of their PhD project and a CV