Fully Funded Scholarship in Australia by AITHM PhD Scholarships is offered for PhD degree in the field of Health & Medicine. James Cook University (JCU) offers a range of competitive scholarships for domestic and international applicants. When you apply for a scholarship, you will be considered for all the scholarships for which you are eligible, starting from the scholarship with the highest value. JCU Scholarships for Higher Degree by Research Candidates are awarded annually on a competitive basis to the top ranking applicants
PhD projects will be available in one or more of these themes:
- Theme A. Re-emerging infectious diseases, vectors and Australia’s health security.
- Theme B. Health Systems Research and Indigenous Health Research.
- Theme C. Chronic Diseases with high prevalence in Tropical Australia.
- Theme D. Molecular Development of Therapeutics. Theme E. Genetic and epigenetic aspects of disease and Theme F. Occupational Health and Safety. Accidents and injuries associated with key industries in rural and remote North Queensland.
To be eligible for an AITHM Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must have a JCU/AITHM researcher who has agreed to act as Advisor should their AITHM scholarship application be successful. The following JCU Research Centre websites may be useful in finding an Advisor working in an area of relevance to AITHM: Anton Breinl Centre for Health Systems Strengthening, Centre for Biodiscovery and Molecular Development of Therapeutics, Centre for Biosecurity and Tropical Infectious Diseases, Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention, Centre for Nursing and Midwifery, Comparative Genomics Centre, Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Potential Advisors can also be found by visiting the JCU Research Portfolio website.
- All applicants must meet the JCU Higher Degree by Research (Research Doctorate) requirements.