Wuhan University calls application for fully-funded scholarships under the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program of Wuhan University of the Year 2020. The Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full-funded scholarship program for international students. The Ministry of Education funds this scholarship program to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
Benefits and Financial Aid
The successful recipient of the scholarships at Wuhan University will receive the following benefits and financial aid from the Ministry of Education
- Free tuition fee as well as free application fee
- Free accommodation and also stipend to cover the living(Ph.D. 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month).
- Comprehensive medical insurance
Eligibilities for Scholarships at Wuhan University
- Candidates must be of a foreign and should be in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a Master’s degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Similarly, applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master’s degree.
- Students applying for Chinese-medium programs should have at least an HSK level four certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) when applying.
- Students for English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language tests (TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5).
- Firstly, candidates must register and submit their online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students here. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Candidates must choose program category– type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program. Furthermore, candidates will have to download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
- Next, candidates must register and submit their online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students here. Candidates must choose sources of funds – Chinese Government Program. Furthermore, the applicant must submit the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and other necessary application documents.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship as well as application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University.
- Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts as well as study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scan copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page, the validity of the passport should be at least until Dec. 31, 2020).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Valid HSK certificate is necessary if applying for the Chinese-medium program. Similarly, a valid English level certificate for the English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).