VLIR-OUS in association with Belgium government has 12 fully-funded scholarships for citizens of 31 eligible countries to study masters program in Belgium. This scholarship is available for international students to study in Flanders, Flemish Region of Belgium (or Flanders) is a Dutch-speaking area in the country’s north, and one of 3 Belgian regions.
Who can apply?
- National and resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
- The maximum age for a master’s program candidate is 35 for an initial master and 40 for an advanced master. The candidate exceeding this age on the first of January of the intake year cannot apply.
- Candidates with experience working in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors preferred. However, master candidates working in the profit sector or newly graduates without any work experience can be eligible for the scholarship as well, depending on their motivation and profile.
- Candidates working in a university where we already fund IUC, TEAM or SI projects, can receive an ITP-ICP scholarship if they clearly motivate the reason of their application and clarify why the participation at the ICP program cannot be funded as part of the existing IUC, Team or SI program or project funds.
- A candidate can only submit one scholarship application to us per year – irrespective of the scholarship type – and can therefore only be selected for one of our scholarships per year.
- The Master’s program candidate must not have received fundings from the Belgian government to attend a master’s program or equivalent or must not have enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution to attend a master’s program or equivalent before the first of January of the intake year.
When you need to first is apply for any masters program in Flanders. While applying for the master’s program admission we need to apply for a scholarship as well from the web portal.
This is the Fully-funded Scholarships to study in Belgium. Basically, this scholarship award covers tuition fees, health insurance, program-related travel costs, etc of the successful candidate.
Visit the official website for more details.