German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) sponsors STIBET Scholarships which provide a fully funded allowance to international students who are in the finishing phase of their graduate program. DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines. Further, in association with universities, DAAD also provides graduation funds. Among several universities in Germany, the University of Oldenburg provides an opportunity for international students to apply for fully-funded STIBET International Scholarships.
If a successful applicant has one or several student jobs which provide him with an income of more than 450 euros per month before taxes, the scholarship will be reduced by the amount that exceeds the limit of 450 Euro (requirement from the DAAD).
- Expected to graduate during the summer semester 2019
- Residence permit for the purpose of study (§16)
- Monthly income during scholarship payment must be no higher than 450 EUR
All international students who are likely to finish their degree program at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2019 are eligible to apply. Applicants must demonstrate good academic performance, as well as financial need. Further, applicants who have done voluntary work inside or outside the university are preferable but not mandatory.
- Academic achievement
- Proof of expected graduation in the summer semester 2019
- Financial need
- Desirable: work commitment on a voluntary basis
- Filled application form
- Motivation letter (Reason for applying, the topic of your thesis, time plan for completion, etc.)
- Likewise, Resume/CV
- Further, Transcript with a grade average
- Similarly, Enrolment certificate
- Also, Copy of the residence permit from your passport
- A copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office (if available)
- Proof of voluntary work (brief confirmation is sufficient) (if available)
- If you are married: Information about your family’s overall income, including proof, if available
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis. In this recommendation letter, your supervisor should answer the following questions: How did you get to know the applicant? How would you judge the applicant’s performance in your seminars? How much does the applicant’s thesis fit his/her profile? What result do you expect from the applicant’s thesis? When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her thesis and/or other exams? How would you describe the applicant’s personality?
The letter of recommendation must be submitted in a closed envelope or sent by e-mail by the supervisor to [email protected]
How To Apply?
You may apply for the fully funded STIBET International Scholarships by filling up the application form. Applicants require to e-mail the completed application form along with required documents.
When to apply?
The scholarship application opens twice a year (approx. October–January, and April–June). The organizers accept application only during the application period.