This Senior fellowship programme aims graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering with between 4 and 10 years’ experience. Additionally, Senior Fellowship is intended for MSc or Ph.D. graduates looking to work in a research group.
Furthermore, Please remember that you are applying for a programme and not a specific job. In order to help us offer you an interesting work project, for those of you outside of the particle physics field, we recommend that you let us know how your research interests and skills relate to CERN’s diverse activities. You can include this during the online application process form or in a separate motivation letter.
Moreover, CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment, and passion. Then, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,113 to 8,078 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (https://home.cern/about/member-states). A limited number of positions are also available to candidates from the Non-Member States.
- You have a Ph.D., or at least 4 years’ relevant experience since the completion of your MSc (or the equivalent diploma which gives access to doctoral programmes), and in both cases a maximum limit of 10 years’ experience after completion of your MSc.
- Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
Eligible Criteria for Senior Fellowship Programme:
- You must have a Ph.D.
- or equivalent experience of MSc
- Also, an equivalent diploma.
- Eligible Countries (United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Slovak Republic, Portugal, Poland, Pakistan, Norway, Netherlands, Italy, Israel, India, Hungry, Greece, Germany, France, Finland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belgium, Australia)
- CERN Staff members can’t apply for this Fully Funded Fellowship Program.
- CV in pdf
- 3 Letter of recommendation in pdf
- Your degree/transcript in pdf