Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship was established in 2006 with the aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to ECNU. Moreover, Shanghai Government Scholarship is for the excellent international students who apply for the undergraduate, graduate or PhD program at East China Normal University. Applicants for the undergraduate program without a qualified HSK level can apply for a one-year pre-college program to study Chinese with full scholarship sponsored. In addition, if the applicant still cannot achieve the qualified HSK level after the pre-college program, the applicant will be graduated as a language student.
- Exempt from tuition fee, and accommodation on campus;
- Also, provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Also, Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for pre-college program must have high school diploma and be under 23.
- Also, Applicants for bachelor degree program must have high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for master degree program must have bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Also, Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master degree and under 40.
- Students that have won the Chinese Government Scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not entitled to apply SGS.
How to apply
- Step 1: Apply Online. Submit ECNU online application as well as pay application fee. Also, applicant should register and apply online through http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php. Submit online application and pay application fee. Also, submit SGS online application Applicant should register and apply online through http://study.shmec.gov.cn/ (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269). Submit online application and download the application form.
- Step 2: Mail Application Documents. After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Then, mail two sets of hardcopy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the following address: International Student Office, East China Normal University