Shanghai Government Scholarships:
In order to further develop the education of international students and attract more outstanding international students to study in Shanghai, Shanghai Municipal Education Commission has founded the “Shanghai Government Scholarship for international students”. It is established to fund excellent international students to pursue bachelor’s degree or above at higher educational institutions in Shanghai.
Shanghai Government Scholarships Benefits
Full Scholarship covers:
- Tuition Waiver
- Also, Accommodation
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40
- Applicants for master’s program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35
- Also, Should have a good academic performance
- Should not be awardees of other Chinese Government scholarships at the same time.
The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
- Class B Scholarship application form: The form should be duplicated in either Chinese or English
- Highest Diploma: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in English or Chinese
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English
- Also, A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (1,000 words or above) shall be submitted
- Recommendation Letters: Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors in the HEIs they graduated from.
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works according to the specific requirements from the HEIs
- Please note that application documents will not be returned.