The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS). Moreover, SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019. In addition, an estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019. Usually 1-3 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship.
Furthermore, the scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. Also, the scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. Additionally, it will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by them
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 (The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.)
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
- To be eligible for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), applicants must be a citizen of an SISGP-eligible country, and have sufficient documented proof of work as well as leadership experience
Work experience: Applicants must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
Leadership experience: Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience from their current or previous employment.
University admissions: Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
The application is open until 14th February, 2019.