Fully Funded UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2019 is open for application.
The fellowship aims to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. Moreover, the training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. Furthermore, the medium of instruction will be English. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition.
In line with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the UNESCO Category II International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation) is offering twenty (20) fellowships of four weeks (4) duration each in 2019.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
- Proficient in English language;
- Not more than 35 years of age;
About the Study
One month duration: from 30 September to 25 October 2019.
The candidates may choose to study in the following fields of study, which are aligned with UNESCO’s objectives and programme priorities, as per approved 35 C/5 and in accordance with the decisions made by the Executive Board (161 EX/Decision 3.6.3 and 165 EX/Decision 8.6) :
- Energy and sustainable development;
- Ecological management of energy resources;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
- Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
- Also, fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution;
- The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency. The stipend amounting to four hundred twenty-five (425) US dollars cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals. The donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
- In addition, ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows.
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flight.
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to US$100 (one hundred US dollars) prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation.
- Health insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers.