The Swire Scholarships at St Antony’s are generously funded by the Swire Charitable Trust, founded by John Swire & Sons. Moreover, the Swire Charitable Trust has a longstanding relationship with St Antony’s College and has over many years funded numerous scholarships for both students and Academic Visitors, as well as until 2014 funding the Swire Fellow Professor Rosemary Foot, now an Emeritus Professor at St Antony’s College.
University of Oxford Scholarships Benefits
- 100% of the university fees, a grant for living costs of £17,442 per year (2019/20 rate).
- Also, Economic airfares to and from London are provided at the beginning and end of the scholarship.
- The award is made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course.
- Also, If a scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of the scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic process.
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are permanent residents of Japan, China or Hong Kong as well as have completed the majority of their formal education in their country of permanent residency.
- Also, The Scholarships will be awarded primarily on academic merit, although financial need may be taken into account.
- Scholars must intend to return to their country of permanent residency after completing their course of study.
- Also, Preference will be given to applicants who plan to pursue a career in government, business, academia or a recognized profession.
- Applicants must apply for admission to a full-time graduate course of study that is offered by St Antony’s College to start in 2019/20 except those listed in the official link.
- Also, St Antony’s College accepts students in a wide range of subjects in Social Sciences and Humanities Divisions. Their graduate courses page gives a list of the subjects they accept.