Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2019 in USA is a four-month, full-time residential program, based out of Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs.
The Program provides World Fellows the opportunity to expand their vision, learn from each other, and grow personally and professionally. World Fellows contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, give talks and participate on panels, collaborate with peers, audit classes, and mentor students.
Key components of the Program are:
Good society. World Fellows present to each other their vision for making the world a better place, what they do professionally, and how they contribute to building the ‘good society.’
Dine and discuss. World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on key topics, expanding their knowledge and challenging their views.
World Fellows receive individual and group coaching and skills development training. World Fellows can audit many of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale, work on individual or collaborative projects, and conduct independent research.
World Fellows give talks and participate on panels across Yale, sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty.
World Fellows mentor students (both undergraduate and graduate) who apply to be their liaisons. The student liaisons assist World Fellows in putting on events and ensure that they are fully immersed in life at Yale.
The Program also includes trips to New York City and Washington, DC., and a retreat.
- The Program includes trips to New York City and Washington, DC., and a retreat.
- Additionally, the selected applicants receive an attractive compensation package which entails the following.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
To be eligible, applicants must be,
- be at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated professional accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- be a citizen of a country other than the United States. While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
Furthermore, the selection criteria include,
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the local, national, or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus;
- Commitment to a rigorous program activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
- The application deadline for the 2019 Program is December 5, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. No late applications will be accepted and extensions are not granted under any circumstances.
- Please note that application process for admission to the Greenberg World Fellows Program is entirely online. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or other cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a résumé/curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages), a personal statement (maximum 1000 words), and three letters of recommendation. Applicants also have the option of submitting a brief video statement. Comprehensive instructions can be found within the online application once you create an account.