Funded Al Alfi PhD Fellowship in Applied Sciences and Engineering is available at the American University in Cairo. This fellowship aims to prepare future scientists as well as industrial leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science and engineering. The program is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC. Furthermore, the long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skill sets for future scientists who are easily recruited in prominent positions in Egypt and the region.
The fellowship covers:
- 83.3% coverage of the tuition fees equivalent to 15 credit hours (five courses out of six) per academic year
- Student services and activities fee
- In addition, a monthly stipend
- Also, research and Conference grants
The fellowship is for a maximum of four years with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
- Egyptian nationals
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Above all, meet AUC’s PhD graduate admissions requirements
- Likewise, minimum grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good (gayed geddan)
- Submission of a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic is related to one or more of the research priority areas.
- Similarly, relevant scientific research background and experience
- Priority for applicants who have their MSc from a national university outside Cairo and Alexandria
- Also, financial need
- Applicants to the fellowship must be planning to pursue graduate research in an area that addresses one of the national challenges facing Egypt. Furthermore, the applicant will need to submit a statement in which he/ she will explain how their proposed research is aligned with one or more of the Priority Research Areas listed below:
- Renewable energy
You need to submit the graduate application as well as the online fellowhip application.