ASEM DUO-Sweden Fellowship Program was established in 2010 with the aim of promoting exchanges of people between Sweden and 21 Asian countries. Further, ASEM DUO-Sweden 2019/2020 is for exchange programs. which will start from August 2019 and end before September 2020 to avoid duplication of the implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Sweden in the ensuing years. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2020 (January-August 2020) shall apply for DUO-Sweden 2019/2020. The duration of the fellowship is limited to one semester (or 4 months, whichever comes earlier).
The duration of exchange should be at least one semester and the scholarship is only available for those studying full-time (minimum 24 ECTS/16 weeks). If a semester is longer than 4 months in the visiting institution, the fellowship will be given for 4 months. On the other hand, in the event that a student exchange lasts for a fewer number of weeks than granted.
- 3,500 Euros for Asian student and 3,500 Euros for Swedish students in a pair, in a high-income country.
- For Middle and Low-income countries, the Asian student gets 4,000 Euros and the Swedish student gets 3,000 Euros.
- An educational institution in Sweden and an educational institution in Asia have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement; and
- The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution; and
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution. Further, to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Swedish home institution.
- Filling out an Online Application Form only
- A Copy of Cooperation Agreement between paired institutions or a declaration of intention to set up a new cooperation agreement. Further, signed by Head of Swedish Higher Education Institution by uploading to the website with the scanned file.
- Also, a copy of the Passport of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files
- Finally, a copy of the Transcript of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files.