There are 25 scholarships, awarded as a 50% tuition fee reduction, available to international postgraduate applicants who can demonstrate academic excellence.
Number of Scholarship Available: 25
To be eligible for this scholarship applicants must:
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- have accepted a place on a full time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2019.
- have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to applicants course.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2018 entry University received more than 800 applications for only 25 awards)
Applicants are also not eligible for this scholarship if they are going to study the following courses:
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a personal statement to support their application. The personal statement needs to include information about the following:
- Applicants drive and ambitions
- Applicants potential for positive impact when they return to their home country
- any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to applicants ambitions and/or chosen course
To be considered, applicants will need to demonstrate excellent grades in their most recent qualification (i.e. a first class degree if they are studying in the UK). Applicants do not need to have completed their qualification, however, as University can make conditional scholarship offers.