The CNIO (Spanish National Cancer Research Centre) announces up to 8 vacancies for undergraduate students to work in a lab at the CNIO over the summer.
Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background. Moreover, the student will be working under the supervision of the group/unit leader or a member of the research group. The participants will attend a series of seminars given by faculty members and researchers from the CNIO. In addition, students will be required to present the results of their summer projects at the end of the programme.
- Travel expenses and meals at the CNIO cafeteria will be covered for summer training programme students during their stay at the centre.
- In addition, students without public health assistance benefits in Spain will be covered with a private health insurance provided by the CNIO for the same period of time (8 weeks).
- Have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- Also, Maintain their undergraduate student status throughout the whole summer programme (June 24 to August 16, 2019).
- Have an excellent academic track record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with their GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- Also, Have a good knowledge of English.
- Be available from June 24 to August 16 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If applicants cannot be at the CNIO during this period, they will not be eligible for the programme.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Also, Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating the number of credits passed
- Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport
- Also, Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private, during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
It is highly recommended to have these documents prepared in advance.