The Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, as well as whom can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
Moreover, Professor Denys Holland, in whose memory the Denys Holland Fund was created via donations from his students, was a sociable, compassionate man. A Professor of Law and Dean of Students, one of his principal concerns was the welfare and fulfilment of students under his care. Also, his admissions policy for the Faculty of Laws was aimed at a broad range of students who would enter fully into college life.
- The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Applicants should be:
- holding a valid UCL Student Number
- Also, holding a valid UCAS Personal ID (not UCAS Registration number)
- holding an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study commencing in September 2019, in any department;
- Also, in financial need;
- able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university;
- Also, preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing their studies
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, subject to applicants demonstrating their intention to play a full part in extracurricular activities of UCL and the Students Union.
Application Deadline and Procedure
- The deadline for Denys Holland applications is: Friday, 5 July 2019 at 5pm(UK time).
- Download Application Form
- Also, Complete application and supporting documentations should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
- Applicants will be required to detail their current outside interests and indicate areas of non-academic activity which they would hope to pursue while a student.
- Also, They will also have to provide information on their financial circumstances and other sources of income being sought to fund their studies – additional information may be requested by the selection panel.