Funded Government of Canada Scholarship
Natural Resources Canada, in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, the Canadian Grain Commission, Environment and Climate Change Canada & Fisheries and Oceans Canada is looking for recent graduates in a field of natural sciences to join the Postdoctoral Research Program.
The Postdoctoral Research Program provides scientists, who have recently obtained a doctoral degree in a field of natural sciences, with the opportunity to work with research groups or leaders in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions located across Canada. In turn, the Government of Canada benefits from new and emerging talent.
Federal research scientists contribute to strategic decisions, policies, regulations and programs by providing a sound scientific knowledge base through their research. Research scientists perform their work in pursuance of departmental mandates in order to attain specified outcomes and to conceptualize, identify, formulate and set in motion new outcomes in delivering programs, meeting the future needs of the department.
A continuously updated inventory of candidates has been created and is accessible to hiring managers looking to fill positions.
- Applicants of Natural Resources Canada Postdoctoral Research Program. 2017-18 must be scientists who recently received a doctoral degree in the field of natural sciences.
- Applicants must have graduated within the last 3 years.
- Candidates applying for Natural Resources Canada Postdoctoral Research Program. 2017-18 should be currently enrolled in a doctoral program at one of the recognized post-secondary institutions.
- Applicants should also fulfill the educational requirements.
- Applicants who have foreign credentials should provide proof of Canadian equivalency.
- Applicants should submit their resume along with the application.